Friday, November 14, 2014

Freezing Five For Friday

Okay, at the moment it isn't TECHNICALLY freezing.  It's 37 degrees Fahrenheit.  I'm pretty cold, though.  Maybe before I finish this post I should go and put on my sweats and an extra pair of socks. It's Friday night, so I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.





We've had our first snow.  This is a picture I took right before I went and cleaned the snow off of my car this morning. The roads were totally fine as I drove in.  I was glad to not have a delay. For one, I don't want to get behind in math. Also, the second grade unit prepared a staff breakfast this morning. I would've hated for that to get canceled.  Each grade signs up to do a breakfast each month.  We always have chocolate.  Always.



I was sitting on the couch reading my Bible this morning.  (Actually, I was using my phone to read some scripture on the shereadstruth.com website.)  My daughter woke up and came to snuggle. You'll see that Orange Kitty is wearing a LOVELY robe.  Those are my daughter's new fox slippers.  We were all very cozy.






My students' leaf projects were due today.  They had to choose at least 8 leaves, identify them, and write some details about them.  They needed to display the leaves and the related information in a creative way.  Students created all kinds of projects:  posters, displays, mobiles, leaf identification cards, and albums.  They were very excited to share their projects with each other.  Next week, 1st graders will be coming in to view the projects.  


One of my student's parents brought in birthday cupcakes today.  I was given this cute little turkey! It's the solar kind that moves when the sunlight hits it.  Cute, right?




Just for fun, I'm sharing this pin from my Thanksgiving Pinterest board.  

Have a great weekend! To find more Five for Friday posts, visit Doodle Bugs Teaching.  






2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Love the turkey pin. Might have to share that one! I am also snuggled up with my 2. Unfortunately it's not cold here, but thankfully my kids still like to snuggle up under warm blankets...even in the Bahamas. My family is back in Wisconsin though so they are sending us snow pictures today. My kids are very excited. Maybe I'll post beach and pool pictures today? Nah...I think that's more mean than helpful. Glad to find your blog! Happy snuggly weekend!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, warm beach and pool pictures sound great! I can IMAGINE that it's warm. Actually, I kind of like winter. So, I can't really complain. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete