Friday, October 24, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm SO THANKFUL that it's Friday!  It was a busy and productive week.  Now I'm ready for a rest! I'm celebrating my love of Fridays by linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching.







My husband, the kids, and I visited a corn maze last weekend. In the second photo of my children, they are pretending to be lost.  It's become kind of a tradition.  The last photos are of a guinea hen named Lavender and a peacock named Hemingway. Who knew that peacocks and guinea hens enjoy pumpkin?





We finished up our crown descriptions this week.  I had grand plans to get them up on a bulletin board, but it hasn't happened yet!



I'm reading aloud Poppy to my class. I've reached the part where the main character, a mouse named Poppy, meets a grumpy but hilarious porcupine named Ereth.  The kids were laughing so hard at Ereth's sassy speeches that my instructional assistant and I started laughing, too.  Do you have a favorite read aloud?



We had parent conferences Thursday and Friday this week.  On Thursday morning, my friend/colleague brought me this!  The inside of the card read, "EYE thought you might need a treat."  



Have you heard of Operation Christmas Child?  The idea is to fill a shoebox with gifts. Then the boxes get shipped all over the world.  We've started getting our boxes ready, and we're having a blast! I plan to do three girl boxes and three boy boxes for different age categories.  As you can see, I'll need to pick up more items.  I still have lots of space to fill!  You can find out more about Operation Christmas Child by clicking on the image below.  


Credits: I used a kit designed by Jen Martakis to create the photo collage.  

Have a restful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment