Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Wordless Wednesday Freebie

I've always loved a good photo, and that's probably why I love linking up with Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice for her Wordless Wednesday linky.  I tend to not be a very good rule-follower though.  It seems that my photos are often NOT school-related.  This week is no exception.  I'm sharing photos of my favorite season instead.  I've tried to make up for my rule-breaking tendencies by offering you a related freebie!







Fall is my favorite season.  I like to teach my tree unit in the fall. It works perfectly, because we can spend time learning about tree life cycles and why leaves change color.  Apple activities fit nicely, as well.  This week, I plan to take advantage of the weather, which is FINALLY turning "fallish".  I plan to take the kids outside to collect leaves.  We'll then examine them, learn the leaf parts, and draw and label diagrams.  We will also take the time to observe one or two specific trees. We'll describe the shapes of the leaves and the texture of the bark. We'll also measure the circumference in inches and centimeters. I created an observation recording sheet. It's yours for free if you think it could be useful to you.  Click [here] or on the image to grab it. 


What is your favorite season?  Are there any classroom activities or lessons that you teach related to that season? Leave me a comment!  Don't forget to head over to Miss DeCarbo's blog for more Wordless Wednesday posts!

2 comments:

  1. Jan - I didn't even realise there were rules!! I think everything can be worked into teaching - your photos are lovely and if I have your permission I would love to use some of them in my classroom for this autumn's healthy eating topic :-) I think the link up allows us to share our inspirations, ideas, cool-offs and anything that keeps us sane in our hectic lives - I certainly know it helps me in this way. Lovely to meet you and find your blog through the link-up :-)
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the color! My kids will love "Take A Closer Look at a Tree." We are working on descriptive writing so it will fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete