Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wordless Wednesday

It's time for another midweek link up with Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice!  



During the summer, my kids and I go to the library regularly.  We borrow piles of books.  During the school year, I limit our trips because of my terrible habit of forgetting to return things.  Late fees can add up quickly! The book Cat Power by Daniel Kirk is my daughter's absolute favorite library book! The book is full of cat-related poems.  Some are funny.  Some are more serious.  Some are kind of gross! I must admit that some of our favorites are a little inappropriate for the classroom.  For example, there's "The Litter Box"!  We recite it from memory at our house!  I'm not sure my students' parents would be thrilled if I used THAT poem in class! 

At the moment, most of our library books are returned.  I do still have two audio books on CD in my car.  I like to listen to them during my 45 minute commute.  Today, I started Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan.  I laughed out loud a couple of times.  If you haven't read the book and/or seen the movie, I highly recommend both!

Do you take advantage of your local library?  Do you or your children have favorite books?  Do you ever borrow Kindle books?  Are you a fan of audio books?  I'd love to read your thoughts in the comments.  

Don't forget to stop in at Sugar and Spice to read other Wordless Wednesday posts.  Enjoy the rest of your week!


4 comments:

  1. I love Daniel Kirk! I love the library! They have educator cards that lets me check books out for 6 weeks instead of three and it lets me put 40 books on hold instead of 15. I borrow audio books, kindle books, and real books! And libraries are beautiful.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment: libraries RULE! And they are nice and air-conditioned in the summer.
    P.S. cast power is also a band!

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great book. I love the illustrations. I will have to check it out!
    Jennifer Dowell
    Love Teaching Kids

    ReplyDelete