Monday, September 1, 2014

September Currently! My First Time Joining the Party

I've always loved reading other bloggers' Currently posts. I'm happy to be joining up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for my first Currently linky.  Megan from A New Box of Crayons created the fantastic template.  


Listening & Loving... My daughter, Gabrielle, loves her toy horses!  She has a huge collection of them.  The mane I braided belongs to a horse named Steady.  Gabrielle is 5 and just started grade 1. She's been playing in her room for hours.  I think she appreciates her room and her toys more when school starts.  She has less time to play during the week, so she spends lots of time in there on the weekends. Right now she is singing happy birthday to somebody.  Her stuffed tiger, Spike, maybe?

Thinking... Getting-to-know-you activities are fun.  I love all my back-to-school read-alouds.  I know that going over the rules and expectations is absolutely necessary and will make the entire year go more smoothly, but I'm so glad that I'll be able to teach some actual curriculum this week.

Wanting... Coffee! It's 11:50 a.m. and I still haven't made a cup.

Needing... I can't believe that I caught a cold the first week!  I feel much better today. I'm so glad I had a long weekend to rest.  Teaching with a head cold is doable but not much fun!

3 Trips...  As you can see, I have simple tastes.  I'd love to SEE Greece, Ireland, and New Zealand. However, traveling to those places would be a big pain, and it would cost way more than I'd want to spend.  So I will never do it.  It's just not my thing.  I would like to spend a week in Amish Country and take a buggy ride. I'd like to go to the huge Farmer's Markets there and maybe buy a quilt.  I simply NEED TO stand next to a redwood tree one day.  Maybe we'll fly, or maybe we'll drive all the way across the country and stop at cool places along the way.  Why Prince Edward Island?  Well, because I'm an Anne of Green Gables fan of course.  If you haven't ever read the Anne books, you should. They are delightful.  

Head over to Farley's blog, Oh' Boy, Fourth Grade, if you want to join in the fun!




Have a great week!




3 comments:

  1. The Redwood forests are absolutely amazing! I grew up in California, so we have been there a few times. One of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you feel better! It's hard to get back into the swing of things and be around germy kids again :) I agree that the first few weeks of rules does get a bit boring, and it's fun to jump into the curriculum and see what the kids really know. Good luck this week!
    Tickled Pink in Primary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to go to PEI! (Even though everyone says it is a tourist trap.) Anyway I love the Anne movies and tried reading the books bunches of times, but because they aren't in the chronological order the movies are, I could never finish them. Then I discovered them on audio...and got through them all!
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete