Tuesday, August 19, 2014

WHERE? Blog Hoppin': Back to School 2014

Blog Hoppin' is having a fun back to school link up.  We're answering those "wh" questions... One each day!




I teach 3rd grade in a rural town in Connecticut.  There are several dairy farms. Sometimes, my ride into work is a bit slower than usual,  because I am stuck behind a tractor hauling hay bales. There have been times when I've been forced to stop for a family of ducks.  Once, there was a cow just grazing beside the road.  It obviously escaped from where it was supposed to be!  In case it isn't obvious, I LOVE the town where I teach.  As long as I'm not running late, I kind of enjoy tractors and stray farm animals.



The top photo is the main entrance to my school.  The other photo is the view from my classroom windows. I LOVE that my room overlooks the field.  If you look very hard, you can spot turkeys.  They visit rather frequently.  I've also seen deer and an owl.

Next, here are a few photos of my classroom.  I'm not sharing lots of photos, because my classroom is NOT finished.  I go back officially on Monday the 25th. Students start on the 27th.  I have a few more things to finish up before then.  I do not have a theme.... just lots of blue and green.  My goal was to have a room that is organized and cheerful.


Here is the view from behind my desk.  It probably will not be this clean a month from now. Beyond the desk are my pocket charts where centers will be assigned.  My drawers and bins for center materials are on a table and my Smart Board is hanging next to the table.

This carpet area on the other side of my classroom serves as a meeting space.  We also use the space as a small-group work area and a spot to read silently or with a friend.  I have shelves and baskets of books by topic and theme.  The drawing on the board is one my daughter created in June.  I won't be erasing it until I'm sure she won't visit the classroom again!  In the back corner under the flag is my clip chart and a nook-like area where students will be able to work on the floor.  


Here's my sink/bulletin board/counter combo! We'll start the year learning about trees and the forest habitat, so I've hung posters related to that.  Usually, this board holds student work.  

Head over to Blog Hoppin' to peruse more classroom photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment