Friday, August 8, 2014

Five For Friday!


I'm linking up again this week with Doodlebugs Teaching to share 5 notable things about my week.



Meet Orange Kitty.  My daughter has had her since age one.  Orange Kitty is not quite as orange (or clean) as she once was, but she is very loved!  This week, my daughter has been asking me to "babysit" Orange Kitty.  According to my little girl, Orange Kitty is a rascal, and she just needs a break!  My instructions were as follows:  "Mom, if she gets all mean and crazy, just put her down for a nap."  So, here's Orange Kitty napping.  With a pillow.  Mmm hmm.




A little more than a year ago, my sister-in-law had a baby boy.  I offered to make him a scrapbook as a gift. I finally finished it on Monday!  Well, just a few months ago, two new baby nieces arrived.  Of course, I felt it was only right to offer to make scrapbooks for those cuddly little sweeties, too!  I'm having a lot of fun. At the moment, there is a card table set up in the middle of my living room, and it is absolutely covered with my supplies. I want to get as many pages finished as possible before school starts, because we all know how busy the school year is!



Last week, I shared that my husband was going to build me a shelf for my classroom.  In case you missed that post, here's the story again.  I moved to a new classroom this year.  In my former classroom there were five, long, built-in shelves that held most of the 3rd grade team's literature.  In my new room, there were no shelves to hold that literature. There was a huge cart heaped with books, and there were several additional boxes of books. I was crabby.  Really crabby.  I'd like to tell you that I was mature and go-with-the-flow, but I wasn't.  My husband has now finished my new, sturdy shelf!  I'm SO appreciative.  We'll be going to school to put it in place and anchor it to the wall!  





There's a story behind this welcome/rule poster that I created. Get it for free here!  I had started to make one of those posters that are all over Pinterest.  They are the posters that say, "We do please. We do thank you..." And so on.  My husband said, "This isn't grammatically correct."  So then, although it was cute, I was bugged.  I just had to make it grammatically correct.  So here's the new version!  





Another beach day! My friend has free access to a private ocean beach, so we went and spent some time in the sun.  Summer vacation is almost over, and I plan to get in at least two more beach days before it ends!  



No comments:

Post a Comment