Friday, August 15, 2014

Five for Friday


I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!  There isn't much that's school-related. I have a little more than a week left of summer!

This is our cat, Sunshine.  Since we consider him a family member, I thought I should introduce him.  His nickname is Fat Boy, and he seems to like it.  We got him last February from the shelter. He has a cool personality. Each morning, as soon as I open my bedroom door, Sunshine comes running down the hall to greet me.  Apparently, he just can't wait to see me. That will be nice and cheery when I need to start getting up at 5:45 again.  School starts in 10 days.  Those sleeping-in mornings will soon be a thing of the past!






My son turned 11 this week!  I set the breakfast table with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle napkins and a matching cup. He got to open two gifts before church.  One of his presents was this "Wookie Photo Bomb" tee-shirt.  It cracks me up.  We went to a fair with some friends in the afternoon.  It has become a birthday tradition. 





These are photos of the fair we went to. It just so happens that this fair is held in the farming town where I teach. This year, I was introduced to some cows that are owned by a student's family.  They did not seem particularly pleased to meet me. My daughter liked the baby goats best.  My son and I went on the Ferris wheel.  It was a lot of fun, but HOT. 






I spent the entire day in my classroom on Monday.  I'm still not finished!  In the first photo, you'll see my file box.  I keep a file folder for each day. All the materials I need for each day are in the dated files.  I teach my volunteers and my para about my system.  When I need copies, I write how many copies I need and the date that I will use them on a sticky note.  Then, my volunteers can just put them right in the file for me.  I use sticky notes and pencil.  That way, I can just quickly erase the date and write a new date.  I usually have 4 or 5 weeks of files in the box.  Having a place for copies cuts down on paper piles. That's a plus.

I woke up Wednesday morning to find this tree across my yard. Thankfully it didn't hit any people, houses, cars, wires, or pets!  I'm sure my husband will be outside with a chainsaw this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks so organized. Mine is still a pile of furniture and I'm so not ready to it. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete