Monday, July 28, 2014

Timely Feedback Freebie!

When I was in 3rd grade, I clearly remember my favorite two parts of every Friday.  First, we read through our Weekly Reader on Fridays.  I loved that!  Another every-Friday activity was creating a take-home folder. The teacher (Miss Johnson) gave each of us a piece of manila paper, which we folded to make a folder.  We then decorated it while she passed out corrected work from the week.  All the papers went into the folder and were sent home.  I would definitely NOT feel comfortable using instructional time that way, but the idea of putting all of the students' work together to send home is a good one.

A colleague of mine puts a packet together each week of corrected student work. He then sends the packet home with a cover sheet asking parents to look over the assignments.  I plan to follow in his very organized footsteps this year. I've created a simple cover form to use, and you can get it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment